We take data protection and confidentiality very seriously and comply with the applicable national and European data protection provisions. We outline below the most important information concerning how we use, collect and process data, including what information and personal data we store and what we do with it.
The responsible person for the collection, processing and use of your personal data via this website, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), is James Calcinai, Beukstraat 6, 3581XG, Utrecht, The Netherlands, (“Controller”, Art. 4 (7) GDPR).
Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
2.1. Personal Data
Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Art. 4 (1) GDPR).
This shall include, in particular, your name, email address, telephone number, address, as well as various inventory data that you provide in the framework of requesting information, a registration for event, the creation of a customer account or a query submitted via the contact form (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
2.2. Collection, Processing and Use of Your Data
In general, it is possible to use our website without entering any Personal Data. If our web pages collect any Personal Data, this shall occur on a voluntary basis wherever possible.
In detail, we collect and process the following categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
2.2.1. For our business relationship
We will collect and process your name, address, telephone number and similar required Personal Data to handle the business relationship between us, for example, to answer your query, to process the agreement made with you, to deliver any correspondence or for technical administration purposes. The legal basis for the processing is Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR as it is necessary for the performance of contracts with you. We may have received your data via an email address mentioned on our website or through our website’s contact field.
We will retain this Personal Data for the period of time that our business relationship and/ or your membership with us lasts. If there have not been transactions between us for three years, we delete or anonymize your Personal Data, unless we are required by law to store it for a longer period.
2.2.2. Create a profile for our database
When you contact us for the first time via email or through our website’s contact field or when requesting information from us, we create a profile for you in our database. All further Personal Data, which you subsequently submit to us, e.g. via purchases or customer service contact, will also be saved on your profile. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6(1) lit. b GDPR as it is necessary for the performance of your membership and other contracts with you.
We will retain this Personal Data for the period of time that our business relationship and/ or your membership lasts. If there have not been transactions or customer service contacts by you for three years, we delete or anonymize your Personal Data, unless we are required by law to store it for a longer period.
2.2.3. Newsletter subscription & analysis of newsletter
If you subscribe to our email mailing list, we shall use the Personal Data submitted by you with your consent for sending email newsletters to you on a bi-monthly basis. You must submit your email address in order to register. Any further information shall be submitted on an entirely voluntary basis and used in order to address you better in the newsletter or to tailor the newsletter content to your interests. The newsletters will contain current news and information about our products and services as well as general advice and information regarding matters revolving around our products and services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. a GDPR.
We will retain your Personal Data for this purpose either (i) until you unsubscribe or (ii) for a maximum of 18 months not opened any newsletter. We will then delete or anonymize your Personal Data unless we are required by law to store it for a longer period.
You may withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email newsletters at any time, without reason and with immediate effect. You can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email newsletters, by using our contact form, or by sending an email to email@example.com
Analysis of newsletter
We continuously seek to improve our service. With this in mind, we carry out an evaluation of the sent email newsletters, e.g. whether the submitted email addresses are available, whether the newsletter has been opened, which links in the newsletters have been used and whether there is any response or return (automatic replies, error messages etc.). The legal basis for this processing is your consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. a GDPR.
We will retain your Personal Data for this purpose for two years. We will then delete or anonymize your Personal Data unless we are required by law to store it for a longer period.
2.3. Minors consent
Persons aged under 16 may not submit any Personal Data to us without the prior consent of their parents or legal guardian.
2.4. Where you consent: Right to withdraw consent
Where your consent is the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data, you can withdraw your consent at any time without reasons. Please note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
How we share your Personal Data with third parties
Your Personal Data shall only be transferred to third parties in the following cases:
- To our affiliated companies within the Studio Calcinai, to our service provider for customer support or to local distribution partners, depending on your indicated location, in connection with your use of the Studio Calcinai website, your requests to us or our business relationship with you;
- To our IT agencies which provide IT services to us and which process such data only for the purpose of such services (e.g., hosting or IT maintenance and support services, newsletter system); and
- To courts, arbitration bodies, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary, to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defence of rights or legal claims.
- Insofar as we contract other companies to carry out tasks on our behalf within the framework of a data processing agreement and forward your Personal Data for this purpose, said company or companies shall be required to protect your Personal Data and to use the latter only for the specific purpose outlined in the agreements with these processors.
- In cases we transfer, depending on your indicated location, data to countries outside the EU/EEA, we transfer personal data to external recipients in such countries only if the recipient has sufficient safeguards required by law such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses or is certified under the Privacy Shield.
You may request further information, such as copies of the respective safeguards, about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights concerning your Personal Data
If certain requirements are fulfilled, you have the following rights:
- Request access to the Personal Data that we process about you
- Request rectification of your Personal Data
- Request erasure of your Personal Data
- Request restriction of Processing of your Personal Data
- Object to the Processing of your Personal Data
- Request to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability), or
- Withdraw any future consent with future effect.
Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
You may contact us to claim your rights as follows:
3581XG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 6 15 64 64 94
We shall respond to your request in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
Cookies are stored on the hard drive of your computer and help us to improve the website and deliver a better and more personal service.
Cookies enable us:
- to estimate our user base size and usage patterns and to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual needs and interests
- to speed up your searches and to recognise your device when you return to the website
We store your Data using all the technical and organisational possibilities at our disposal to prevent third parties from gaining access to it.
All Data is stored on servers with the highest security standards to protect against any attempts by third parties to access the Data.
Our Data Protection Officer
Your right to lodge a complaint
If you think that the processing of Personal Data by us violates data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.